Wednesday 30 March 2016

Kinky Curly & Bounce Curl First Impressions

These two beauties arrived together today, and because I'm not patient at all when it comes to hair products, I just had to try them both!I decided to use Kinky Curl Knot Today first, because my hair needed a real good detangle as it tends to get extra matted in the morning.Taking a 20p sized amount, I evenly distributed it throughout my hair, focusing mainly on the roots because thats where it gets tangled the most.I then took my trusty D31 Denman brush hoping for the best it would easily comb from the root, and oh my lord and saviour, it actually just went straight through with zero snagging.Being very impressed, I wanted to see how well it would work by finger detangling, and again I was so impressed on how easy the tangles just "melted" away.It also removed a lot of the dead hair that I had left that ended up tangling up with the knots, which has improved on how my hair now looks.As mentioned in most of the reviews, this stuff smells amazing and I couldn't stop smelling the bottle!Get 10% off on Kinky Curly Products with the code "KinkyC" at Antidote Street

Next up was Bounce Curl, and I'm so glad I've got my hands on it as its been on my "hair product" list for some time.Now at this stage my hair was just no longer damp, and its recommended that its applied to "Extremely Wet Hair".I still went ahead with my hair just slightly wet because I honestly couldn't wait to use it.Taking a 20p size (as I didn't want to go ott), I evenly applied it to my hair, mainly focusing on the ends to then use the scrunching method.I left my hair to air dry and my hair was (still is while writing this) so soft and my curls were slightly defined, but I know 100% they could be fully more defined if I followed the steps correctly.However, even though I used the Kinky Curly before and my hair wasn't as wet as it should of been, it still done an amazing job and cannot wait to use Bounce Curl again tomorrow 100% correctly this time!I'll also post my results tomorrow (see below!) after using Bounce Curl too, but for now I'll link you to there Instagram so you can see how other curlies have got on.This product also smells amazing, and is now my favourite scented product that I've ever got my hands on!Bounce Curl can be purchased here.Full review of both of these products will be posted very soon! :)

UPDATE 31st March:
As promised these are the results I got from  Bounce Curl, following the directions correctly and I'm so happy with the results.This is a picture of my hair just over an hour and has zero shrinkage, just look at that!Below I've provided the step by step of this and anything that I may of added to achieve these curls :) 

Step 1: Ensure that your hair is extremely wet and has minimal tangles to ensure the hair will be more defined.

Step 2: Apply Bounce Curl in sections, making sure you evenly distribute it throughout the hair, whilst also doing the "scrunching" method to help define and separate those curls!

Step 3: I normally air dry my hair, but I wanted to see how well this worked with a Diffuser, so taking my Remington Protect Hair Dryer, I Diffused sections of my hair, whilst doing the scrunching method, holding it there for 3-5seconds, and flipping over my hair to get some extra volume too.

Step 4: I sprayed two pumps of Kérastase Discipline Fludissime into my hands, rubbed them together and applied it to my hair where its common for me to get some frizz while the rest of my hair is still drying.

Step 5: To get that little bit of extra volume, I took my afro pick and used it at the roots in an upward (fringe) and outward motion, so my hair had some extra volume and bounce to it.

That was all the steps that I took to achieve these results and I'm so happy that I purchased this gel.I will be doing a full review on this product which will be posted in 3weeks, as I need to spend more time with this product to give you a full and honest review, but with it working fantastically so far, I really have no doubts about this product at all. Video Review now up :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment